Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A set of cards and another simply stencils idea

Hi there! Today I´d like to share with you a few quick cards I created using some pieces I had left over from my previous project.

I had mixed some light blue molding paste together for the second art journal page and since I had some paste over I wiped it onto a piece of white cardstock and used it for the "hello" card. I also sprayed some "New Sprout" spray ink over the masked paper to make it more colorful. Then I just fussy cut it and glued it down on a card base, added the stamped sentiment and some black color splatters and the card was all done. 

For the bird card I used a piece of vellum paper. I first placed the vellum over a dry embossing folder, then rubbed/scratched with oil pastel pens over the paper to get the pattern onto the paper. After that I just stamped a bird (Dina Wakley "Scribbly Birds") with black Archival Ink onto the vellum, fussy cut it and glued it down onto the card. The rest I just doodled onto the card. 

For the 3rd card I again took a piece of vellum paper and made the pattern as follows:
I first colored a layer with different oil pastel color tones pretty randomly. 
After that I colored a second layer with a black oil pastel pen on top of the other layer, placed a leaf stencil (by The Crafter´s Workshop) over the layer and scratched with a sharp plastic tool the black layer off around the stencil lines. Then I just repeated this phase as long as I had the pattern I wanted. After that I just wripped the paper quite randomly around the edges and glued it down to a card base and stamped a sentiment. Fast and easy and reminds me of my first grade art class lection at school :). 

Hope you have enjoyed this little "Simply stencils" idea and get inspired to try it out yourself! Have fun!
xoxo, Sanna

No comments:

Post a Comment