Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Imperfection of Beauty





This kit is SO filled with creative product to play with.  I designed with some of kit for this post, and the rest for my Playful Musings later this month!



Taking a silver tin and turning it into a patina, rusted piece seems complex but really it isn't.  As always, I love layering, and this is a matter of layering and building up the look of aged metal!

One might want to start by using Gesso to base coat the tin.  I skipped that because I used a VersaMagic reinker and sponge to give the base of the patina color.

I next used the Golden Doubloons and sprayed liberally over the surface.  You will notice puddles of the mist, just let it be and it will dry by the liquid "dissipating into the air."  The different puddles gives wonderfully natural effects.

A bit of the Pebble paint dauber is used randomly to further the effect of old metal showing through the patina.  Following the instructions, (vinegar is needed) I rusted over other areas of the tin.  The rusting powder goes through the paint and adds such a yummy and textural effect!

Finally, as I was going through my Ranger stash, I came across an embossing powder that I haven't used in years.  It added an additional textural accent.  Older Frog Dog kits has amazing embossing powder that matches this technique as well as Ranger glitter to add a different look.  Having a membership to Frog Dog insures you get the kits each month so you don't miss out!  (Ok, a commercial but the kits sell out fast so if you like the products this makes sure you can have them and enjoy!).

The Lindy's sprays and rusting powder was used on the little word band to give the look.  A metallic paint was also used for enhancement.



The chipboard was done much the same way as the word band.  I sprayed, painted, sprayed, used the rusting powder on the one gear only.  Used the metal brad plus another brad of my own.


Having a great time with Amazing Crafting Products!  On the inside of the tin, I continued to age and create a rusty look by using a Buddha statue and Amazing Mold Putty to make a mold for this wonderful face.  Loving the Lindy's Mists.  I used one from another kit and the current kit.  The background is accented mulberry paper with stains.  Amazing Crafting Products are by the Alumilite Corporation.  More ideas are on their blog, http://amazingmoldputty.blogspot.com  


The inside is my personal statement to match the word band of "embrace imperfection."  I find that the most beautiful things in the world (people included) are not perfect.  There is a level of character and wonder in things not exact!  I follow how I create my art in such a manner.  I like the unexpected!!!

I don't expect us to withdraw totally from civilization, but when I design my art, I do withdraw into my own world.

My Playful Musings will focus on Memorabilia and aging wood!

Cre8tivelea Yours - Lea

Namaste'

1 comment:

  1. love your tin! The aging on it is awesome! I can't wait to play with some patina rusting myself!

    ReplyDelete