Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Just My Type--Gelli Printing and Stenciling on Vellum

Good morning everyone! Today I am sharing a tutorial with you on how to create an art journal page using your Gelli plate and some of the fun May Frog Dog kit items.

To begin, I put down some of the paint from the kit onto my Gelli plate and spread it around with my brayer onto a sheet of the vellum from the notebook found in the kit. I added a few other complimentary shades of paint from my stash.



Next, I laid down the super cute typewriter stencil from the kit and brayered the blue paint from the kit over the top.



I added a little bit of the liquid chalk from the kit to the page. This stuff is seriously cool!!



I found this cute little quote stamp in my stash and stamped that on with black StayZ On ink.



Next I added some of the spray ink to the page and let it run and drip.



While that was drying I began to prep a page in my art journal using some stencils and paints to create a few layers.



I added some stamping to the vellum page and the journal background page using the Nat Kalbach stamps from the kit. I also added some pink Ranger Distress Paint to add some more color. I really like the pastel colors in the kit.



Finally, I glued the vellum sheet to the art journal page. Then, I added some journaling to the side. Here is the finished page:

No comments:

Post a Comment