Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wicked Journal Page





I have seen the musical "Wicked" 4 times, and could see it more!  

The story and characters are great, but the music is some of the most memorable in Musical History:)

I was listening to it when this page sprung to life.













I started with a Watercolor Pad, Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in Freaky Franken Lime, and our Original Frog Dog Studio Stencil...both in our October Kit.

I wet the paper with water using a sponge brush.

Next, I sprayed the Starburst, and used the brush to spread it across the page.  This gave a lighter background in order to layer more concentrated Spray with the stencil.

I moved the stencil around the page, spraying and then blotting with a paper towel.

When I was finished spraying, I turned the stencil over and randomly "stamped" on the excess ink that had built up on the underneath side of the stencil.


I found this cool bat image at this etsy shop....printed it, cut it out, & applied 
it to the page with matte medium.


I did the Moon with Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow (Golden Doubloons) and outlined it with a 
black Derwent Inktense Pencil.

The Witch was done on a separate page (also watercolor paper) that I sprayed the same way I did the background page.  I drew her in pencil, then outlined her with the black Derwent Inktense Pencil.

This pencil was used to add shading....simply "push" the bold outline towards the center of the image using a brush with water.  The white details were done with a Sakura Uni-ball Signo pen.

I cut her out, and added her to the background page with matte medium.

All elements were outlined with the Derwent Inktense Pencil.


I covered her "dress" with torn vintage paper adhering it with matte medium.

I "inked" it with an embossing pad, and then covered it with 
Lindy's Stamp Gang's embossing powder in Cosmic Pink.  

-Ink, Sprinkle, Tap off excess, and set with heat tool.



The last details were added by stamping the page with a "Script" rubber stamp, using embossing ink and then covering it with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Midnight blue.

You can't see the dimension in these pictures, but the embossing powder gives these words great depth that just didn't come across in the photos.

In the close up above, you can see the yummy shimmer made with the Starburst Spray...mmmm....


Finally, the song lyrics were printed on pretty pink scrapbook paper, cut out, glued on (with matte medium) and outlined with the black Derwent Inktense pencil.

If you like the font, it is "FOR THE ONE HUNDREDTH TIME"

EVERYONE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO FLY:)

As always, it is a joy to share with you!

Sue







2 comments:

  1. Sue...you knocked this one outta the park! Seriously love every bit of this!

    ReplyDelete