Thursday, August 22, 2013

August Guest Designer - Emilia van den Heuvel!

Hello and Happy Thursday!  We are very excited today as we announce another fabulous Guest Designer for August, Emilia van den Heuvel!

Thank you Emmy for sharing your amazing talent and creativity with us!  Before we get to her first project (which you will love), let's get to know her a little better!


Short Bio:
My name is Emilia van den Heuvel. I’m a Bulgarian girl, living and working out of the Netherlands. I grew up in the beautiful capital of Bulgaria – Sofia and being a city girl is kind of in my blood. My mom filled our house with books and painting and art journals and she thought me to love all things crafty and artsy.
Before I moved to the Netherlands to be with my husband, I was working as a vet and now I’m a part-time translator, a full-time mommy to my amazing munchkins – Theo and Elise and a passionate crafter. In my spare time you will find me behind my crafty table, reading a book or visiting the next magical place with my family.
I started scrapbooking in 2004 after my first child was born. I think it is the perfect way of preserving our memories. Every single one of my pages is telling a story, which will always remind my children who they are and who we were as a family.
I'm so honored to be Guest designer for Frog Dog Studio kit in August and I want to thank Tina for giving me this amazing opportunity! 

Let's get to Emmy's first project!

Hello Frog Dog Studio friends!

This month I have the honor to be a Guest Designer for Tina’s AMAZING Mixed Media kit. The moment I saw the amazing product combination, that Tina put together, I knew exactly what I will do with every single item in the kit.

Today I would like to share my first project with you – ENJOY YOUR LIFE –



And here is how I did it:

I started with a white cardstock, metallic paint and a brush.


Using a metallic paint made my background pearly and shimmering, which was exactly what I needed, because I wanted to match the fantastic Glitter Paste from the kit.


After the blue paint was dry I began altering my background by adding extra dimension to it – with the glitter paste and The Crafter’s Workshop template included in the kit:


… and with the VIVA Inka Gold paste and the same mask:



Both products are easy to work with and the effect is amazing! You can use them as modeling paste to create dimension or as a covering medium to draw and color.

After the glitter and the Inka Gold were dry I added Silver Paint Dabber as a frame around my background. But because the color was too dark for my taste, I rubbed extra Viva Inka Gold Platinum on top.



Then I started working on my embellishments. I used the two book pages and a flower stencil to create my flowers.



I crumbled the petals and added a pearly brad in the middle to finish them off.



For the frame under my picture I used 4 ATCs {incl. in the kit}. I attached them together and rubbed their edges with VIVA Inka Gold.



When the paint was dry, I adhered my picture on top of the ATC frame and rubbed some more Inka Gold color to mask the edges.

For the small blue flowers I used the flower ribbon included in the kit.



I fussy cut some of the ephemera pictures and added them to my layout.



The wooden embellishments included in the kit are also fantastic! They can be used on any projects and because they are already painted and altered you can attach them just as they are.



To decorate my flowers I die cut different sizes swirls and leaves from white cardstock. I rub them with Viva Inka Gold to give them a light silver shimmering layer.



For my title I used one of my favorite quotes. I printed the words on white cardstock, cut the lines out and distressed the edges with blue ink. Because the color was a bit darker than I expected I added a layer of Inka Gold on top.



As you can see the possibilities with the August Kit are endless. And I didn’t use even the half of the included materials!

I hope I managed to inspire you a little with today’s post!

Have a wonderful messy day!

Hugs ‘n smiles,
Emmy

What a stunning and beautiful layout Emmy!  Thank you! Be sure and stop back later in the month for another project from Emmy.  We can't wait!  Please stop by Emmy's Blog and say hi! 

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment