Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How to Create a Vintage Style Mixed Media Keepsake Box

Good morning! Today I have a quick, easy, and fun project using our August kit items. I will show you how to make a vintage style mixed media keepsake box.

I started out with a .99 little box from Hobby Lobby and painted it with magenta acrylic paint. Then I fussy cut out the vintage girl from the clip art sheet and adhered her to the lid.

In the next step, I added some of the iridescent Inka Gold to the rose in her hand and in her hair. Then, I went over the whole box and around the image with the Viva Glitter Paste to add some shimmer and shine :)



To complete the box, I added some blue bling trim around the edge of the lid that I had in my stash. I also added the little butterfly wings from the clip art to her back. Then I finished it off with a cute quote.



The finished product:



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment