Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Elmer's Glue Resist with Oil Pastels




Hello!  

Happy Tuesday:)

I think I like the process for this project even more than the completed page...

I really enjoyed experimenting with ALL the products in our wonderfully made May Kit!


So, here it goes...

I grabbed a piece of black card stock to create this page.
Using clear Elmer's glue, I drew a design on the right and left sides. 
(You don't have to use clear...white glue dries clear as well- it's just what I had on hand.)




Next, I colored in the design with the Oil pastels.



I love how they look on the black background.

Next, I used the cute Prima Marketing Chalk Edger Ink (pastel green) & the Stencil that came with the Stampendous n*studio stamp set 

(on the black paper, the green looks almost white)

         

I wanted to tone down the stenciled "dots" above, so I stamped over it (in black) with one of the stamps from the Stampendous n*studio stamp set....see below.


I used another stamp in the set (I especially LOVE this one!) and applied the very cool Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint (pumpkin soup) with a Q-tip



For a little more "pop" to help my sentiments stand out...
a little Brilliance in moonlight white...
using a third stamp in the kit...what a great value to receive all 3 of these great stamps!!!




I added some detail with one of my favorite pens...Uni-ball Signo in white.



The Fireworks spray mist (new sprout) looks great on black too, so I "dripped on" some fun "splatters."





As always, so many of the kit products will last for a long time to come...

THANK YOU FROG DOG!!!

Hope you are inspired to create today!!! 

It's a joy to share with you,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment