Sunday, March 16, 2014

March Mixed Media Kit : Altered Tin | A Wish

Hello All!  Wendy here to share up my another project for you using the March Mixed Media Kit!  



The awesome thing about this kit is that you receive TWO alterable metal tins.  
Check out my previous project, "In A New York Minute", and video tutorial here using the 5x2x3.5in tin from the March Mixed Media Kit.  I'm still working on my coordinating mini book that will go inside the tin, and that will be revealed up on 3/25.

In this project, I used the smaller 2.5x3.5x1in tin.  
Such a sweet small tin and again along my theme of “Make Mine Mini”, where you’ll see a ‘mini’ project or two....from me during the month. 

This tin would would also be perfect for including ATC cards too!

I really love the vintage photos in the Tim Holtz Salvage - Crowded Attic sticker pack included in the stick.  You get a LOT of stickers in that booklet!!  So, I chose a couple of vintage photo stickers to incorporate on the cover of my tin.  

I used an alpha print dry embossing template in my stash to make the background on the foil tape sheet attached to the tin.  Check out my video tutorial on how to make the rusted tin effect using the Tim Holtz foil tape sheets and rusting powder included in the March Mixed Media Kit.  The rusting powder (sold out for now, but MORE is being ordered) is pure MAGIC!! I can't get enough of it!!

Plus, the amazing product from Lindy's Stamp Gang, Ranger Adirondack Paint Dabber in Pebble, and Jacquard Piñata Alcohol Ink in Mantilla Black are also included in the March Mixed Media Kit.


I used some clear acrylic fragments in my stash to mount on top of the photo stickers.  Then, some rubons were used to adhere on top of the clear fragments.  



For the inside of my tin, I chose more stickers (i.e. ticket stubs, calendars) cut to size and fit inside the tin lid and tin bottom.  More of the rusting powder technique was used in altering these stickers.




I hope you enjoy my project!  

Full supply list will be posted up later today on my blog.

Check back here on the blog on 3/25 when I share up my last project using the March Mixed Media Kit.  

xo | Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment