Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine Mixed Media Necklace

Good morning! Melissa here, sharing with you my latest project using the February Frog Dog Studio kit.

After meeting Susan Lenart Kazmer at CHA last month and learning more about jewelry making and resin, I REALLY couldn't wait to get home and give it all a try. I started the piece by cutting down a piece of the clip art from the kit to fit into my bezel. Then, I glued it into the bezel using the medium. I added a sticker word "Love" to the top of the picture and covered the top of the paper to seal it and prevent it from yellowing later on.


When that dried, I used some clear resin from Amazing Crafting Products to fill in the bezel. I let it sit overnight on a level surface to set up.


I really love the little "Love" themed dominoes that came in the kit and thought they would be perfect to go onto the necklace. I added a jump ring to each and attached them to the chain. I made a second filled bezel using Shattered Inclusions and the clear resin again from ACP.
\

To finish the piece, I just attached all of the elements with jump rings and threaded a red ribbon through the chain and tied a few sheer bits of pink ribbon. Ready to wear just in time for Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment