Monday, February 3, 2014

Love Quotes Mini Album

Hello and Happy Monday!  Tina here today to kick off our February project tutorials!  If you haven't had a chance to see the February Mixed Media kit, here it is again!


The February Kit is one of my personal favorites.  I love the romantic themed elements, combined with the wonderful PanPastels.

Today, I will share with you how I created a Love Quote Mini Album.  This would be a perfect gift for a friend who needs a little pick-up and reminder of what love means.


Step One:
Cover each page with a thin layer of gesso. Dry.


Step Two:
Grab your favorite stamps and Versamark Watermark ink. Stamp 1 page.


Step Three:
Grab a Softt tool and PanPastel. Dab tool onto PanPastel cake and rub onto page.  The watermark ink will act as a reverse resist and grab the PanPastel.




Step Four:
Once you are happy with the coverage and color vibrancy, spray a thin layer of hairspray/fixative/water to set.  Dry.

Using the stamp image as a guide, doodle in and around image with pens and Gelatos.  Keep layering color with pen doodles.

When happy with a page, fix with hairspray, fixative, or water.


Step Five:
Repeat the same process on each page of journal, using a different stamp.







Step Six:
On backside of each stamped page, rub PanPastel in coordinating color and fix.

Draw a whimsical square on each page and color with Gelatos.




Type (or write) favorite love quotes and adhere inside square.







Step Seven:
Add buttons to random pages.  I used Gelatos on my buttons to grunge them up a bit.

Tie string around front page.

Super simple and really easy!

This technique with PanPastels is one of my favorites.  I hope you try it on your next project.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. wow Tina, this is so fun and colourful and I love the quotes you've used - what a beautiful gift it will make :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, these colors and design just GRAB your eyes! I love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors of this album are so fun, Tina!! I love using quotes in my art and this is awesome. I've not used Pan Pastels, but I love my gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWesome job!
    Bravo and thank You for sharing it with us ;)

    ReplyDelete