Wednesday, October 16, 2013

'A Blank Canvas', October Edition

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

Tina here today with this month's 'A Blank Canvas' series.  Each month, I create a Mixed Media layout starting with a blank piece of chipboard.  Follow me through my steps in creating my layout and hopefully you'll be inspired to create your own!

Here's a peek at my October 'A Blank Canvas' layout....


I used lots of bright, bold colors this month, but also was inspired by the current watercolor trend.

Step One:

Using your favorite stencil, apply Embossing Paste to your pre-gessoed chipboard canvas.


Step Two:

Using a stamp from the Limited Edition kit, and the Embossing Powder from the Mixed Media kit, apply watermark ink in several areas in center of layout.  Heat emboss.


Step Three:

Pour some Lindy's Starburst spray into palette and apply to chipboard using foam brush.



 
I also applied another color of Lindy's spray.  (In purple)



Step Four:

Using another border stamp from the Limited Edition kit, and the Embossing Powder from the Mixed Media kit, stamp around the outside of the chipboard.  Heat emboss.


Step Five:

Using Lindy's Starburst Spray, apply spray mist to border with foam brush.  (using the same method in Step Three).  I seriously love the 2 toned color in the Lindy's sprays!



Step Six:

Add dots with a Viva Decor Paper Pen.


Step Seven:

For more texture, add Rub Ons to several areas. 



Hint:  I always like to 'remove' a bit of my rub-ons, so use a piece of basic cellophane tape and 'pull' up little bits and pieces of the rub on.  

I had so much fun creating this layout, I created another, using more of the fabulous October Kit goodness.  





That's all for today.  I hope you enjoyed my projects.  Have you created your own 'Blank Canvas'?  If yes, please share it with us on our Facebook page!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment