Thursday, May 22, 2014

Playful Musings: Sending Your Love




Postcards and cards from the edge!!  Time to send friends postcards and cards as RAK's (Random Acts of Kindness).  Create a stash of cards and postcards to send out at a moments notice.




The paint and ink in the kit was used to create a free-form background.  Messy is GOOD!


Used another Prima Marketing peach  ink color (not in kit) to stamp an image from the N Studio stamps from Stampendous.


Take the same stamp and stamp with the green ink in the kit.  Use the green ink and add the fence looking background.




Use the stencil in the N Studio stencil from the package and stencil in another Prima ink color (not in kit) or any moss green color you want.


A stiff brush or stencil brush was used to stencil the typewriter "Stencil Girl" stencil.  Mary Beth (from St. Louis like me) started this Fantastic company with many talented artists designing stencils!

The green ink was used and then added pearlescent ink on top to add shimmer.

Create and Art was stamped...and now you have a finished postcard to send!!  I used t-shirt cardboard, but any heavy-duty cardboard can be used.  This is 4x6 sized.



Stepped out of my box to try lettering!!!  Vellum and Gelly Roll Pens are a marriage made in heaven!!!!  A previous kit had some pens and I have a stash to play with.





What I did was make some little lines in pencil.  Then I did the letters.  I want to do more and find a book on lettering so I can learn many styles!  I am hooked!!!

The vellum was only adhered at the top so you can flip the vellum up.  Added adhesive to the colored areas and the wood pieces also held the vellum in place.

The little flower from the kit was colored with Gelly Roll pens.  Colored two-toned to make it pop with a little dimension.

Solid stamps and bright colors can also work :-)

There are different thickness of vellum.  I have more ideas I might be able to share in the future.  This vellum is a bit thicker than most, semi-opaque.

Make cards, share with your friends.  Make them smile!!!

Cre8tivelea Yours - Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment