Thursday, May 1, 2014

{be you: a mixed media print}


Hello there! Smitha here to share this month's "Make it colorful" segment.
This month's kits have so many fun colors and elements and here is the first project I made with it.


I started by lightly sketching the words onto some watercolor paper.


Next, I used the prima chalk inkers that came in the kit to stamp a background pattern.


Once the chalk ink dried, I colored in the words with a bright Orange Oil pastel crayon.


I then outlined the words with a black pen and applied a thin layer of gel medium on top of the words to give it a slight shine.


I finished it off with some doodling and dropped some of the green mist that came in the kit at places.


And here is a look again at the finished project!

I absolutely love the color combination of teal/orange.


No comments:

Post a Comment