Saturday, May 3, 2014

Altered Paintbrush!

Hello and Happy Saturday!  Tina here today with a quick post!

Today, I'd like to share with you an altered Paintbrush, created with wonderful PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints, Fireworks spray, and several bits and pieces from my personal stash.

(p.s. - we have MANY additional colors of the Fresco Finish paints in the Frog Dog Studio store.  I love the matte, chalky finish of this paint)


To begin my project, I sprayed the brush and chipboard embellishments with a good coat of Spray Gesso.  (love this stuff). 


I then built texture with simple Drywall tape, from the local Hardware store.  This stuff is fantastic because it is self-adhesive and full of fun.



I then added several colors/layers of Fresco Finish paints (and a spritz or 2 of Fireworks spray) to the brush and embellishments and let dry.


For more texture, I added random bits of Grunge Paste (this paste is much thicker in consistency than 'normal' modeling paste, but is great for awesome texture)


Then more layers of paint, spray, gesso, and Lindy's Magicals.  (from my stash) . 


Once the brush and chipboard embellishments were colored to my liking, I filled the inside of the heart embellishment with Amazing Crafting Product clear resin and Iced Enamels Shattered Opals. 



I glued it all together and added a ribbon to match.  I LOVE how this project turned out and would love to create an entire wall of altered brushes for my Creative Room.  Wouldn't that be cool?



Thanks for taking the time to stop by today!  Have a gorgeous weekend!


4 comments:

  1. gorgeous!!! Love the idea of altered paintbrushes for a workroom wall and it would make a lovely "New Home" gift wouldn't it? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project!! So much texture and beauty :) I love altered paintbrushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I've never done an altered paint brush but this makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete