Friday, January 3, 2014

Phone Booth Fun with Genuinely Jane Board Books!


It's 2014!!!  Happy New Years!!!  Time to step out of the creative box and try some new mix media techniques.  I love Frog Dog Studios because the kits give me everything to play with!

This month Subscribers get a special stamp image!  Check out Frog Dog Studio's webpage for more information.

Frog Dog has partnered with Genuinely Jane Studios this month.  There will be a blog hop starting on January 23rd, so be watching!!


I am designing with the phone booth (Ala' Dr. Who) from this month's kit.  Most time I like to work with GJS (Genuinely Jane Studios) wood books without applying Gesso.  The board is smooth and I like the texture showing through.  But for this particular work, I've used Gesso so I can ink the surface easily.
Last year I had a couple design projects with their wood books and loved the outcome.  I will post some ideas on the 15th.



Light and dark ink as well as the red ink in the kit was used to set up a base for the phone booth.  I used a palette to add ink to.


Next I used a ring stamp and added blotches.  The words were stamps from the kit.


Lastly, I added the little 7 chip from the kit sort of like a doorknob to open the phone booth!!

The picture shows the painted box and lines as purple, it is red as a contrast with the chip.

One page done!  A few more to go.  On the 15th, I will showcase the next page using the freebie stamp that is given to members.  Members get special perks throughout the year from Frog Dog and have first chances at each month kits.  Many sell out quickly!!!


Till the 15th, Happy New Years!!!

Cre8tivelea Yours - Lea


1 comment: