Tuesday, December 31, 2013

home, sweet home....

Hello and Happy New Year's Eve!  Today, I would like to share the first official January project post!  The kit(s) this month are full of home inspired themes.  Here's a peek at the kit(s) available this month.

 

I used bits and pieces from both kits to create my first project, 'Home Sweet Home'.


When I first started out on my creative venture, I wasn't sure where or what I was going to create, so I just let it flow and let the color and ink take me!  :)

Step One
Using Super Heavy Gesso, stencil the village and sun to a 12x12 bare chipboard sheet.


Also add texture with the Gesso to the bottom of the page.


Apply liberally to areas in the sky to represent clouds.



Step Two:
Add more texture to bottom of page, using Molding Mats.



Step Three:
Prepare Ink 'colorwash'.  Add a few drops of Acrylic Ink to container filled with water.  A couple of drops for a pale wash, and more for a more intense color.



Step Four:
Paint 'colorwash' to chipboard sheet in areas of blue.


You can also mix colors of acrylic ink to create new colors.  I had yellow in my personal stash, so I added a couple of drops to the blue to make green for the grass.


I wanted to add some 'color' to my houses, so I poured some of the Smooch into the Ink Palette (from the Limited Edition kit) and painted it on the page.


I also painted the sun with the yellow acrylic ink from my stash, and let it drip down.


I wanted more texture to my clouds, so I applied the Croco Blue (from the Limited Edition kit) to my clouds and let dry.


Step Five:
This is where the fun starts!  :)
Start doodling, with Montana markers, Uniball Signo white pen, and Sakura Gelly Pens to create a funky and fun background.







I really love all the detail and texture that is created by the doodling.  Unique and totally me!

I hope you enjoyed by project tutorial today!  Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. I really love your work all the texture and the detail doodling and colors,enjoyed the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the texture and the bright happy colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete