Friday, November 1, 2013

I Feel Like A Kid Again....

Hello and Happy Friday!  Tina here today with the first official post for November.

In case you haven't seen the awesome November kit(s), here they are again!  Seriously love the exclusive Catherine Scanlon Art Journaling Coloring Book.



Yummy, yummy colors, yes?

The Design Team and I were discussing the Art Journal Coloring Book and how soothing and calming it felt when creating with it.  We all agreed we felt like a kid again, engrossed in our coloring books, and getting lost in the image on the page.

My first Art Journal coloring page was inspired by the beautiful Autumn colors, and the marble-y (is that word? HA!) look of fall leaves.  I wanted to create the same look and feel on my art journal page, so I used Distress Paints (from my stash) to create this simple background.  Here's a peek at my page.


And some close-ups...




I seriously love how this looks!  I will be using this technique again on a future project!

Now on to my video tutorial!


How was that for super easy?  AND FUN!

I couldn't stop with creating just ONE Art Journaling Coloring book page, so here are 2 more that I created this month.  I don't have a tutorial for each, but if you have any questions on my creative process, please let me know.


I layered Distress Glitter on my flowers (I used Rock Candy and Peacock Feathers, both in the store) and several layers of the Sakura Glaze pens from the kit and Montana markers from the store).



And my third Art Journal Coloring Book page...


I wanted to go BOLD with this page, so I used Montana markers, Sakura Souffle pens, and Sakura Glaze pens!  I really love how this turned out!






I hope my Art Journal Coloring pages inspired you to pull out those 'crayons' and start coloring!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. REally wish I could participate in the monthly kits....this month is Fantastic!!!! For those who love to color....this is definitely a kit to enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete