Friday, October 4, 2013

Have You Ever Wondered? FYI Studio 490 Embossing Paste and Art Parts

Martha Richardson here with my "Have You Ever Wondered?" series. With this Oct. kit that is jam packed with the most delicious products it was hard to decide which products I wanted to highlight! I narrowed it down to the two products that I have had  a long standing love affair with. Let's take a look at these products.



STUDIO 490 Products are the brain child of Wendy Vecchi who is the newest Signature Designer at Ranger Ink and also designs for Stampers Anonymous and Blossom Bucket. I have to say that I am a fan of all of Wendy's products, they are so easy to work with! Today I'm going to share a quick glance at 2 of the products found in this months kit...The Embossing Paste and the Art Parts.


What is Embossing Paste & what does it do? Embossing Pastes were created to  add texture & dimension to your projects. They can be used with all Distress Products (Inks, Stains & Markers) & designed to work with Studio 490 Stencils, Art Parts & Stamps. A 4 oz. jar of Embossing Paste has a 5-year shelf life. There are 5 available colors: Matte White, Matte Black, Metallic Gold, Metallic Silver  & Transparent. In the Oct. kit you received a jar of the Matte White. What impresses me so is the ease of working with this paste...it is smooth and very workable, has a great consistency and it cleans up so easily. I will confess that I own ALL the colors and use them in many of my projects.In my project I used the new Transparent color and the example below I used the Metallic Gold and it is simply stunning!

Also in this months kit is a package of Wendy's Studio 490 Art Parts. What are art parts? Art Parts are blank kraft-colored, pre-cut pieces made from a high quality composite material and are ready to alter with your favorite products.Can be layered, inked, sanded, covered in paper, Tissue Tape, Colorwash Inks, stamped, painted...and more!Much thicker than chipboard, these parts can be use to make art to keep or to make art to give away and the art will last a lifetime. The surface holds ink like a dream.These strong, sturdy components measure 1/8" thick. Wendy has also created Art Part Kit Projects that you can find here.


Here is the project I created from the Oct. Main Kit. It is a mixed media canvas done with the idea of the Fall season that has arrived. I was influenced by the thought of a Harvest Moon and the night time skies.

These are the steps to creating this project.





Thank you for stopping by and spending time with me. I can only encourage you to stop by every day to see all the incredible projects made by the Frog Dog Studio Design Team and October's Guest designers. You will not be disappointed!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment