Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Playful Musing August - Anchor's Anthem

 
Lea here, with some Playful Fun for August!!  I am sooo in love with the August Kit - all the embellishments, the collage images, the Glitter Paste, Inka Gold, and the rest!!

I have decided to have you play along with me and not show you the finished project until the bottom.  If you want to play along, please do not scroll all the way down at first, scroll step by step and follow along.  Remember, your art doesn't have to be just like mine...these are ideas to help feed your Muse.

This month focuses on ATC's - Artist Trading Cards.  Creating a lot in a little space is a fun challenge!

Supplies:

August Kit: 
Anchor
ATC Blank
(Any parts you want to add)

Other Supplies:
Acrylic Paints (Mica Paint Used)
Piece of Sponge
Handmade paper
Soft Brush
Scrap of old artwork
Word Stamp (Be True, Viva Las Vegastamps)
Helmar 450 Quick Drying Adhesive
Mica Watercolors (or plain watercolors or thinned paint)
permanent black Ink
Chipboard (UmWow Studio)



Sponge gold acrylic paint over the surface of the ATC.  I used an acrylic with mica paint which makes the surface shimmery!


Sponge other colors over the gold acrylic.  Sponge the colors randomly, adding texture and depth over the gold.  Let dry.  Optional:  Blend colors into the gold for a smooth appearance.


 

Pink homemade paper or tissue paper - use a damp brush to go around an area of the paper, then rip it with your fingers.  The edge will be natural, with fibers around the edges.


Find a scrap of artwork you trimmed off and saved (Yes, I save scraps from artwork and my paper I used to protect my work surface.).  I have a stenciled piece of artwork, that I trimmed.  Adhere a piece of the pink paper, then adhere the scrap artwork on top.  A brayer was used to make sure there was tight contact to the surface.  Add more of the pink paper - use the damp brush if you need to rip off more paper.


Stamp a saying on paper. I liked the second stamping where it is over some blue left over from another project.


Color the words with marker of your choice - I used Copic Markers.  Cut out.


Adhere the red anchor from the kit onto the artwork.  Optional:  Chipboard pieces - 2 chevrons, paint and adhere to artwork.




The finished piece looks aged and antiqued, yet has pops of colors to make it modern.

I would LOVE to see what you create!!  Please post your finished art on the Facebook Frog Dog Studio Fan Page.  I can't wait to see!

Cre8tivelea Yours - Lea



1 comment: