Thursday, August 29, 2013

August Guest Designer, Emilia van den Heuvel, Part Two!

Hello and Happy Thursday!

Our Guest Designer, Emilia van den Heuvel is back today with another amazing project!  We have loved her details and how she uses the kits in her mixed media layouts.


Let's get right to her projects!

Hello mixed media fans!


Emmy here with my second post as a Guest Designer for the Frog Dog Studio mixed media kit this month.

This time I decided to create a boy layout. I know that the ARTchix ephemera pictures are more about girls and shabby chic, but you can also create a perfect page for boy using them and the rest of the supplies from the August kit.


And here is a step-by-step tutorial on how I did it:

Step 1: Choose your picture and mark its place on the background paper. Add a blue {or any other color that will fit your design} metallic paint around it. After the paint is dry, using a masking template and VIVA Décor Glitter paste add some extra pattern to your background – I picked stars.


When the glitter paste is dry you can really see the 3d effect and it all glittery and sparkly.




Step 2: Prepare your picture. I added a silver frame around it using the VIVA Décor Inka Gold from the kit and a see-through layer with stars on top of it.




Step 3: Begin working on your embellishments. I decided to go with all things boy! I cut out one of the ephemera pictures and layered it on a piece of pattern paper.



I added washi paper and a button from the Button set from Clever Creations from the kit to embellish it.  I layered a piece of the newspaper strip on pattern paper and adhere it next to my picture.


The hot air balloons I die cut from pattern paper and added a layer of VIVA décor Inka Gold.



I tied one of the balloons to the ARTchix wooden anchors.

I really like the logo of the Frog Dog Studio and I managed to use the cute little doggy on my page. After all – every boy deserves a dog!




Step 4: The title – I used a cutting die and pattern paper.




I hope you enjoyed today’s post!

Come back tomorrow for more inspirational posts from the FDS designers!

hugs ‘n smiles,
Emmy

Thank you again Emmy for taking the time to share your talent and creativity with us this month!  Please be sure and stop by Emmy's Blog and see more of her amazing projects!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment