Hi everyone:) If you haven't yet discovered our July Kit, I hope this page will inspire you to!! I just love having a kit to work with...no need for going on a "hunt" in my "stash" to find all my page elements because Tina does such a FABULOUS job of pulling products that work so well together!
I have to admit, that for 3 dimensional projects I usually have some sort of "plan"...
I can't say that about my Journal pages...
I'm never quite sure what will come out on the page, as I explore color, texture, and layers. Although I did have a direction for color, based on the adorable Ephemera sheet from ARTChixStudio
For the page background, I started with some acrylic paint from a previous project in a light teal along with a shade of mustard.
You can see in the picture above, that I "squirted" out the mustard color before I shook the bottle...am I the only one who does this???
I then used a Brayer, to lay down these colors.
Next, I sprayed a bit of water on this scrap of burlap and pressed it into the still wet background paint.
*Notice my beautiful bright blue nails:) My 2 yr. old granddaughter insisted we both have BLUE
When it was dry, I smeared a bit of the Distress Paint (peeled paint) onto the page with my fingers.
Before I got started on my Journal page, I made several background pages on my Gelli plate, using the Distress Paints (found in the kit)
1.) I "poured" out a bit of paint from both bottles of DISTRESS PAINT, found in the July Kit.
2.) I spread the paint on the gelli plate with my brayer.
3.) I placed an alphabet stencil on top of the spread paint, and then placed a piece of white card stock on top of the stencil, and pressed with my hands.
BELOW are some of these gelli plate backgrounds. I tore them into pieces and then added them to my page using my NEW FAVORITE gel medium...Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Matte Medium.
( I did a few with the same mustard color I used for the page background)
I used the Antique Linen Distress Paint to add these "dots" on top of the ripped paper.
Once they were dry, I put a little of the Antique Linen on a scrap piece of paper, added a few spritz of water, and then rubbed the watered down paint onto my page. (making sure to go around the edges of the torn pieces I had adhered to the page)
Next, I decided to distress the Tim Holtz hinges ( I ended up using 1 not 2) with the Peeled Paint Distress Paint. I also added it to some string I had in my "stash." (Just looking for more textural elements & love finding ways to utilize the great products in our kits!)
I decided to add a bit more of the mustard color to the page, but this time I used another one of my favorite products...
Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Artists' Crayons
These crayons can be used "dry" or you can spread out their color using water.
I first "drew" on my page with the crayon, and then went over it with a wet brush, spreading out the color.
I chose not to add water to the above lines on top of the distress paint "dot."
Another technique I like to use with these crayons is pulling color directly onto my brush from the crayon. Wet your brush, and then "grab" the color from the tip.
I used this method to add color around the torn edges of the paper pieces I had added to the page.
Waiting in the wings (pun intended:) ) were some of the images from our kit's Ephemera sheet from ARTChix Studio.
I cut out this cute card and added the Crackle Accents to the bird and some of the flowers. I next added the word FLY from the same ARTChix sheet. After all were dry, I stitched the card to a piece of textured brown card stock and distressed the edges with the Antique Linen Distress Paint.
I began to add some of the last layers by adding a few "doodles" and by writing the sentiment using my Scarlet Lime Pen along with a Crimson Red Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Artists' Crayon. (I added the white on top of the red letters to make them "pop")
I also scribbled some of the red crayon on a piece of scrap paper, spritzed it with a little water, and then "dipped" this chevron stamp in it to add a little more red to the page.
(Michaels has a $1 bin with sets of 3 stamps on a page that this chevron was on...I LOVE a bargain!!)
The Sentiment reads..."In Our Dreams We Are Able to FLY and That is a Remembering of How We Were Meant to BE." -Heleine L\'Engle
The little flower detail above is from the ARTChix sheet, with Crackle Accents added to it...I LOVE that stuff!!
I added a bit more detail using the below ink and stamp along with my Washi tape roll dipped in Antique Linen Distress Paint and then stamped on the page:)
As always, we would ALL LOVE to see your projects on our Facebook page!!!
See you there!