Friday, July 5, 2013

Create A Mixed Media WISH Box


Hello creative souls...Martha here with my 1st project from the incredible July kit! I had so much fun working with everything that is included. For this project I used 5 products from the kit.


The July Mixed Media Kit includes:
Maya Road 3" Vintage Memory Box with Coaster Album
 .5 oz Bottle of Crackle Accents
 Bottle of 'Peeled Paint' Distress Paint
Bottle of 'Antique Linen'  Distress Paint
4 oz Jar of Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium
Roll of Prima Washi Tape (colors/design may vary)
Package Tim Holtz Hinges
'Pretty Bird Notes' Ephemera sheet from ARTChixStudio

Let's take a look at what I created:
Mixed Media WISH Box
{a place to store all my wishes and dreams}


FYI: I'm thrilled with the Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Paints because of all the applications it can be used for, used on multiple surfaces and a color range that coordinates with the Distress palette. It has been developed to be reactive with water. Although it comes with the convenient dabber top I like applying it with a paint brush. It can also be treated as a color wash, almost watercolor like, when water is added to it. 

An artist can change her mind...right? I originally was going for the ivory distress paint but was not pleased with the finished look so I went for the Peeled Paint green. 




Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me. I hope I have inspired you to try some of these products & techniques. I'll be back with another project on Mon. July 15th. 





5 comments:

  1. Love your creation.... Will be playing with my kit this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project and great info, love it, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I LOVE the crackle effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial, Martha!

    ReplyDelete