Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mini Canvas Fun with Twinkling H2Os and Alcohol Ink

Hello creative souls...today I'm going to share my third project created from the June Kit. I had so much fun creating this mini canvas, these small canvases rock and I'm going to add them to my collection of MUST HAVE products. So let's get started!



PREPARING CANVAS
When I prepare a canvas I want to create as many layers as possible...it adds depth and interest to your creation. Since these are small canvases adding just the paper pattern to it is perfect.

ADDING COLOR
For the next step of adding color I had to create a new sample as I lost the photos of the original canvases. This will not go to waste as I already see the sample in another project. Further down this post you will find tips on working with Twinkling H2Os.

ADDING DESIGN
I love this step...I call it my stash buster step! Working on projects such as this really helps use up all those wonderous things that you bought yet haven't used. The 3rd photo is from the actual completed mini canvas project.

ADDING TEXTURE
Let your imagination go on this...look around the house to see what can be used for this step. I never throw away any plastic cards as I'm always looking for something to scrape paint or modeling paste on {pssst....a little birdie told me that you will see some of these products popping up in future kits}.

ADDING EMBELLISHMENTS
Another stash buster using remnants from other projects...fabric flowers, brads, wood shapes, etc. The 3rd photo shows my completed mini canvas project on top of my sample canvas....hmmmm...that might work.

LUMINARTE TWINKLING H2Os
When I first tried TWINKS years ago I wasn't overly impressed...then I took a class and learned the most 
important step which I'm sharing with you now. 
The only problem is now I need all the TWINK colors!



Let me just say that this June kit is fabulous...I had more fun creating my 3 projects with it. For this project I used 7 of the 8 products. I love the fact that I had at my disposal everything I needed...no running to the store or ordering online...they were all here in this kit!

Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share with you. Stay tuned for the July Kit...I can't tell you anything but it is fabulous! 









3 comments:

  1. Wonderful project!! Love all the technique info.! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project - thanks for sharing the tutorial and techiques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. Love the mini easel. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete